Summer had started out already; the blue sky and the sun beating down brightly outside are nature’s way of telling us again that our favorite season is just around the corner.
Majority of us Filipinos love summer! It’s the time of the year when we plan out getaways, travel with our family and friends, and head to our summer refuge –the beach. With our thousands of islands, there is definitely no lack of sand beaches we can go around here. Recently, the world-famous island in the Visayas- Boracay and the highly recognized beach and island destination in the Philippines- El Nido, Palawan have been gaining much attention. Years after years, these paradises has been making developments to cater the demands of the growing visitation of foreign and local tourists, Johnny Depp included.
But before that, you might want to make a checklist of these reminders before going out this summer:
- Entrust house keys with your trusted friend. First thing you should do when planning a trip is to inform someone of your plans. They don’t need to know everything, but they should have a head’s up in case of an emergency. Or much better, install a Meiji Energy-Saving Device System if you’re afraid to entrust your home to someone else. It will definitely lessen your headache. It is also useful throughout the year.
- Unplug Appliances. When planning a vacation, always clear all computers, TVs and any other accessories you don’t plan to use. This will not only help lessen energy consumption, but also protect your valued items in case of electrical problems.
- Clean up the refrigerator. As your food has an expiration date, you might want to consider reviewing what is in your refrigerator. Remove all items that are close to their expiration date to help save on post-vacation clean up.
- Take the garbage out. Don’t you just hate a stinky house or nose-irritating smell? Collect trash from one floor to each room. In this way, you can also help keep your home free of bugs and pests. And lastly;
- Organize all the stuffs you need. Prepare foodstuffs, budgeted cash, garments, first-aid kit, etc. Bring some handy tools for emergencies. Use an “easy-to-carry” bag or any backpack which can hold all your things to make yourself comfy when travelling. Don’t forget to bring your mp3 players!
Once you’ve checked all these, pack your bags and walk away. Take care and enjoy the summer!