This summer season, as we all look forward to enjoying the great summer outings or out of the country vacations, we also expect energy bills to rise due to the intense summer heat. Whether you are using your aircon more often, using more water to take showers, or using more electricity to run fans to get a cool breeze, energy saving tips can help your pocket and the Earth. Here are some energy saving tips to help you through this hot summer:
- Have your aircon cleaned or replace filters monthly for more efficient operation. Dirty filters restrict airflow and can cause the system to run longer, increasing energy use.
- Unplug appliances and electronics when not in use. Plug home electronics, such as TVs, DVD players and computers into the MEIJI 13 Series Extension Sets MES-1303 to 1306. It has an individual power switch that you can turn off when the equipment is not in use.
- When it is not that hot, give your aircon a much needed break by using a ceiling fan.
4. Use Meiji Voltage Protector with Timer TC-V002, A Voltage Protector is a device that protects your appliance by cutting off power as it reaches the minimum allowable voltage drop or exceeds the maximum over voltage rating. With its built-in 8 programmable timer, you have the option to manage all your appliances by turning them on and off on your preferred time setting. Not only that, it also has varied day preferences: whether you want the timer to work daily, weekly, monthly, only on weekdays, on alternating days, just set it and it’s done!
5.Use Meiji Motion Sensors MS 01-04 on indoor and outdoor lighting. These are either wall, ceiling mounted or stand-alone type. Sensors are great for those rooms where you stow your stuff, such as attics and basements so you don’t need to fumble for switches when your hands are full. It is also perfect for hallways where lights are just needed when you pass by.
6. Use the Meiji Dimmer Switch MCS1825 to dim your accent or decorative lights and halogen bulbs. Dimmers reduce power to the lighting source or bulb, so they save energy and can also extend bulb life.
- Keep the hot sun out of your home: When leaving your home, or at noon when the sun is at its hottest, pull your window treatments down to block out warm rays. Your interior spaces will feel cooler and your aircon won’t work as hard.
- Use the Meiji 24 Hour Rotary Timer TC-V004 to automatically turn lights ON and OFF at a specific time. This is perfect for giving your home a `lived in’ look while you’re away at work or on summer vacation.
9.Spend more time outside of your home: Summer time is a perfect excuse to get out and enjoy it! From swimming in pools to having a picnic or getting exercise outdoors, spending less time in your house will help your energy consumption bill.
Saving energy this summer shouldn’t be a major challenge. Use these helpful energy saving tips to protect your wallet, save the Earth and keep you and your family cool this summer. Do your part in making this summer enjoyable for all, and keep your energy consumption to minimum levels.
All these items are available at your nearest ACE Hardware, CW Home Depot and Handyman branches. Or call us at 448-7423, 414-4012 and 727-5790. You can also visit our 2 showrooms located at No. 1 Mabolo Street New Manila, Quezon City and Unit 15 Lansdale Arcade, Mother Ignacia, Quezon City