The Department of Trade and Industry recently issued the Philippine Standard (PS) Safety Certificate Mark for Meiji brand extension cords, circuit breakers, switches and outlets. These Meiji items that bear the PS markings signify that the products went through the qualification requirements of the Bureau of Philippine Standards.
What is the Bureau of Philippine Standards (BPS)?
The BPS is a governmental body under the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI). It is the National Standards Body of the Philippines and is responsible in developing or adopting, implementing and promoting Philippine National Standards (PNS). They are responsible for establishing Philippine National Standards for products, as well as test methods and codes of practice, to provide the technical bases for the importation of quality and safe products and for the inspection, testing and certification of these products.
What is a standard?
A standard is a document, established by consensus, something set up and established by authority as a rule for the measure of quantity, weight, extent, value, or quality. Standards should be based on the consolidated results of science, technology and experience, and aimed at the promotion of optimum community benefits.
Why are standards needed?
We need standards because standards contribute in making life simpler and increasing the reliability and effectiveness of the goods and services we utilized.
What is a product certification?
Product certification is a process that determines whether a product is manufactured according to the requirements of a standard. Products under mandatory product certification are subjected to inspection and testing of the BPS prior to distribution and selling in the market.
Here is the list of items that were given the PS Safety Certification Mark:
- MES 0213– 3 Gang Extension Set Universal Outlet (3M)
- MES 1300– 4 Gang Extension Set w/ Switch (3M)
- MES 1301– 3 Gang Extension Set International Outlet w/ Switch (3M)
- MES 1302– 4 Gang Extension Set International Outlet w/ Switch (3M)
- MES 1303– 3 Gang Extension Set International Outlet w/ Individual Switch (3M)
- MES 1304- 4 Gang Extension Set International Outlet w/ Individual Switch (3M)
- MES 1305– 5 Gang Extension Set International Outlet w/ Individual Switch (3M)
- MES 1306– 6 Gang Extension Set International Outlet w/ Individual switch (3M)
- MES 1308– 6 Gang Extension Set International Outlet w/ individual switch (5M)
- MES 2027– 3 Gang Extension Set (3M)
- MES 3011– 3 Outlet Extension cord (3M)
- C45N (16A, 20A, 32A, 40A & 63A)
- NC100H(80A, 100A)
- JVM16-63 (16A, 63A)
- MCS 0121- 1 Gang 1 Way Switch
- MCS 0122- 2 Gang 1 Way Switch
- MCS 0123- 3 Gang 1 Way Switch
- MCS 0720- Door Chime (Push Button Switch)
- MCS 0923- 1 Way Switch Element
- MCS 0924- 3 Way Switch Element
- MCS 0221- 1 Gang 3 Way Switch
- MCS 0222- 2 Gang 3 Way Switch
- MCS 0223- 3 Gang 3 Way Switch
- MCS 0925- Illuminated 1-Way Switch Element
- MCS 0926– Illuminated 3-Way Switch Element
- MCS 1021- Single International Outlet
- MCS 1022- Duplex International Outlet
- MCS 1211- 1 Gang Universal Outlet with Plate
- MCS 1212- 2 Gang Universal Outlet with Plate
- MCS 1213- 3 Gang Universal Outlet with Plate
- MCS 1214- Single Convenience Outlet with Ground Element
- MCS 1218- Universal Outlet Element
- MCS 1223- Single Convenience Outlet w/o Ground Element
- MCS 0212- Surface Type 2-Gang Universal Outlet
- MCS 1023- Element for MCS-1022 (2-Gang Universal Outlet)
- MCS 1024- Element for MCS-1021 (Universal Outlet)
- MCS 0921- Duplex Convenience Outlet without Ground with Plate
- MCS 0922- Duplex Parallel C. O. with Ground
- MCS 3521- Aircon Outlet with Plate
When it comes to your electrical safety, don’t settle for less! Safety should always be your top concern and priority. With Meiji Electric’s products you are assured of our products quality, safety, and reliability. The PS Safety Mark found on our products, guarantees the product’s conformance with the relevant safety requirements.
To know more about our products, please call 448-7423, 727-5790, 414-4012 and 413-6636 or email us at email@example.com for your various electrical requirements! You can buy our Philippine Standard (PS) marked products in our showrooms located at Unit 15 Landsdale Arcade, Mother Ignacia, Quezon City and 1 Mabolo Street, New Manila, Quezon City.You can also buy our items at your nearest ACE Hardware, Handyman or Ortigas Home Depot branches.