During New Year, a lot of us usually make a list of resolutions on self-improvement. Some of the most common goals in New Year’s resolutions are to lose weight, make more money and to quit smoking. For a change, why not include improving electrical safety in our homes as a part of the list?
Meiji Electric encourages you to practice electrical safety measures that can help keep you and your family safe. The start of a new year is the perfect time for homeowners to start electrical safety. Some common causes of electrical fires are caused by faulty electrical outlets, old wiring, and problems with cords, plugs and switches. It is best that we are equipped with the proper knowledge to avoid any future losses that we can actually avoid.
Here are 6 items that can improve your Electrical System at home:
- Buy a MEIJI Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR) SVC 500-10000 for your refrigerators and flat screen TVs. It is used to protect your computers and other appliances against surging and fluctuating of electricity by maintaining the load voltage against voltage variances. The Meiji AVRs are available from 500VA to 10,000VA.
- Check and replace your damaged extension cords with the Meiji 13 and 20 Series Extension Cord (MES-1303 to 1306, WRP 2104/ 2027). It has a power rating from 1,200 to 2,500 Watts that comes in 3 to 5-meter ranges. It consists of 3 to 6 international outlets for the 13 series and 3 parallel outlets for the 20 series.
- Install the Meiji Voltage Protector (TC-V001) to your air conditioners, refrigerators, laptops, and other appliances. It is a device that protects your appliance by cutting off power as it reaches the minimum allowable voltage drop or exceeds the maximum over voltage rating. The Meiji Voltage Protector with Timer (TC-V002) on the other hand has an added feature of 8 programmable timer setting options for your various day preferences. Meaning you can set the timer to work daily, weekly, monthly, weekdays, or whatever schedule that suits you.
- Buy the Meiji Aircon to Fan Timer(TC-V003) that has an international and universal outlet to set your air conditioner to turn off at your preferred time and your electric fan to turn on immediately after. The Meiji TC-V003 can accommodate an air conditioner with up to 2 horsepower. With this item, you will surely save a lot on your electricity bill this year.
- Install the stand-alone Meiji Smoke Detector with Alarm (MSD-02) that doesn’t need to be wired to a main system. The Meiji Smoke Detector alarms you that there’s a major smoke or heat coming from a particular area. This way, it can help you protect your home from the tragedies of fire.
Update your home electrical system with the Meiji Home Panel (MHP-02 to MHP 3x16P) which comes in different sizes ranging from 1-48 ways. These are modular, fire resistant distribution boxes applicable for electric circuit terminals rated at 220V line to line, 400V line to neutral system. It is easy to install and disassemble with a beautiful design so you don’t need to hide it in the kitchen cabinet.
These are just some of the innovative items of Meiji Electric that can protect your home and your family. Keep in mind that all of us promise to make changes to improve our lives especially during the start of the year. However, some will fall short just before reaching March, but that doesn’t mean your New Year’s resolutions should not be done. So get up now and go to your nearest ACE Hardware, Handyman and Home Depot branches or contact us directly to avail of these items now!