Transformers

Transformer Box TypeAccording to the Business Dictionary, a transformer is a device that converts an alternating (A/C) current of a certain voltage to an alternating current of different voltage, without change of frequency, by electromagnetic induction. A ‘step up’ transformer receives a low voltage and converts into a higher voltage, and a ‘step down’ transformer does just the reverse.

Meiji transformers allow you to use your 110V of appliance bought or sent from abroad to our usual working voltage of 220V-240V.

Meiji Transformers have the portable type from 50w-750w with plastic handles. Also, it has a fuse as a protective device for over voltage. This will be the initial warning as it blows to inform you or the user that the ampere rating being used is more than the allowable. It also protects your appliance against short circuits and other dangerous faults to avoid accidents like fire. We also have a convenient switch for easier turn-on and shut-off without the need of pulling the plug from your wall outlet.

Also, we have a new feature dual output voltage (100V and 110V) to cater to countries using these voltages (i.e. Japan, etc). All our outlets are also uniquely round to flat (universal) with ground. These features together with our affordable prices make us a leading brand in the stores.

Transformers 50-100WWe have the box type for the higher rated transformers. We call it ST series. It has similar features except our outlets here are all universal (3: 110, 1:100) with sturdier handles. An added safety feature of a circuit breaker is included that would trip to protect your appliance in case of a short circuit and a fuse that will blow when over voltage occur.

You cannot go wrong with Meiji Transformers!

Available wattages:

1,500w

2,000w

3,000w

4,000w

5,000w

10,000w

68 Responses to “Transformers”

1. Ed says:

What wattage of step down transformer will be sufficient for a 20W 110V guitar amplifier, and how much will it cost (Either your 100W or 75W model, probably) ? Also, at what stores are your products available? I live in the Las Piñas Area. Thanks!

• John says:

Hi Ed,

Both wattage (75 and 100) will do, but to be safer, 100 watts would be a good choice!
      I’ll email the price and other details of your query.

Thanks!

2. haidee says:

i just bought my 325 watt kitchen aid cake mixer from the u.s what kind of transformer best suitable for my mixer

• John says:

Hi Haidee,

For your equipment, I assume it is motor-operated, I suggest to use a 1000 KVA step-down transformer. An allowance would be a great help for its safety.

thanks!

3. Juan says:

i bought an amplifier with 24 W and 100 V. i just wanted to know what transformer i should buy and how much it will be. thanks!

4. don marren says:

we have a 500w speakers came from u.s which is 110 i guess what transformer do i need sir?

• John says:

Hi Don,

We advise you to use Meiji 750W step-down transformer. An allowance will be a good help in preventing the transformer from overload.

thanks!

5. ROn says:

Im looking for a 1500 watts transformer for my machine.

• John says:

Hi Ron,

What machine are you planning to associate with Meiji 1500W Transformer? Our products are available on selected ACE Hardware nationwide.
      Where are you located anyway?

thanks!

6. Erwin says:

Do you have step-up transformers? 3kva input: 230v-600v
    power rating: 3kva

7. Dom says:

I bought a blender of 1100 watts 110v system. What transformer do I need to use?

8. Ria says:

I have a 1100w espresso machine. What transformer do i need?

• John says:

Hi Ria,

For your espresso machine, I suggest to use a 4000 watts transformer since your equipment has heating element.

Thanks!

9. Nelson says:

I need a 110 volts transformer for my gas dryer. What wattage should I use?

10. Perry Reyes says:

May I know what step-down transformer do I buy if dishwasher consumes 1,188 watts?

11. Ele says:

Hi,

I need a step down transformer for a grilling appliance which requires 1500w. I just need a one-to-one design. Please email price and where to purchase. It will also be nice if you could deliver.

• John says:

Hi Ele,

Our 1500 watts transformer has 2 110V and 1 100V output socket. Its not a “one-to-one design”. Our small transformers are up to 750 watts only.
      Our products is available at Ace Hardware and Handyman.

Thanks!

12. planning to purchase step up transformer from 220v-380v 150kva

how much and do you repair old ones?

Betafoam Corporation is based in Dasmarinas Cavite, can you visit us for more details?

09178660969
    joshag_99@yahoo.com

• John says:

Hi Jojo,

Unfortunately, our step-up and down transformers’ conversion is from 110V to 220V and up to 10KVA only.

Thanks for your query!

13. Marilyn says:

Hi! i have a hair blower 1200w 100v from japan. where can i buy and price for 1500 and 2000 watts

• John says:

Hi Marilyn,

Meiji Step-down transformer, 1500W costs P3896 while 2000W costs P5054. Our products are available on selected Ace Hardware and Handyman branches.
      Where are you located anyway? Let me know.

Thanks!

14. Garret says:

hi, i have bought oven from USA and blender. my blender is 110v 1500w and my oven is 110v and 1800w. what is the suitable transformer and how much will it cost me. thanks in advance

• John says:

Hi Garret,

I’ve got two options for you:

1. Use separate transformers for each. Recommended would be 5000 watts for one equipment which costs P10,528 each.
      2. Use a 10KVA transformer, with 110V and 110V output outlets which costs P17,580

Let me know your decision!

thanks!

15. zhi says:

hi do you have a neon transformer (kahit 2nd hand lng po) we need it for our project na tesla coil..

16. jay echaluse says:

i just bought a vacuum cleaner which is 110 v, 7.8 amps. what step down transformer should i buy? thanks.

• John says:

Hi Jay,

For your vacuum cleaner, I suggest to use a 3000 watts step-down transformer. 7.8 amps when converted to watts is 858. I this case, you need to have a certain allowance that is enough to protect your equipment from in-rush current since vacuum cleaners are usually motor-operated.

Thanks!

17. Malu Diesta says:

Hi Mam,
    Please send us price of 100watts Step Down Transformer

18. harvey says:

hi…sir..i have 4000watts power amp…110v what wattage of step down transformer suitable to this…and how much the price…thanks…

• Apple says:

Hello Harvey,
      Thank you for your interest in our step-down transformers. Can you please verify po what is a power amp?
      Thank you.

19. Alex Narvaez says:

i need 3000w step down 220v-110v where can i buy it…i prolly need 2…how much is the price range… thanks!

20. Kim says:

Hello, i bought an ice cream maker 110v 60 hz 50 watts and cotton candy maker 115v 60hz 450watts. What type of transformer do i need to use? Thanks in advance

• Apple says:

Hello Kim,
      For your ice cream maker, please use our 150w step-down trasformer and for your cotton candy maker, we would recommend the 1500W. Thank you also for your interest in our items.

• Kim says:

Hello Apple, thanks for the response. Is it okay to buy 1 transformer for both machine? I also talked to your fb agent and they advice me to use ST 1000? Would that be okay also? What is the best if i use only 1 transformer? And how much are they? Thanks